Safety and Environment Engineers
Safety and Environment Engineers
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit Safety and Environment Engineers of various levels to join our In-Service Submarine Platform Engineering team who provide critical in-service support to Submarines for the Royal Navy.
Supporting the Submarine Delivery Agency, you'll work within a team that develop, deliver and maintain the current and future safety and environmental compliance of the Royal Navy's fleet of submarines.
You'll provide advice and expertise on the assessment and management of safety risk and environmental compliance to the Submarine Delivery Agency, wider MoD Stakeholders and Babcock. You'll conduct safety assessments of proposed changes to the design baseline of the submarines we support and define, develop and deliver outputs and projects to cost, quality and programme requirements.
As well as being part of a business that continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, we'll also provide you with all the training, support and benefits that you'd expect from a global company.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have a minimum of a Degree in a relevant engineering discipline and be professionally qualified as an Incorporated Engineer with an appropriate institution.
We would also like you to have experience in the following areas:
- Application of Safety and Risk management techniques
- Submarine systems with an appropriate background in submarine design, support or operations
- Application of the requirements of DSA Regulations / JSP 430 / Defence Standard 00-56 or similar methodologies
- Completion of the Ship Safety Management Office (SSMO) / Ship Safety & Environmental Management Training (SEMT) or other relevant safety related course
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the Submarine enterprise, including Senior Management.
What else do I need to know?
- We are based Keynsham, Bristol.
- Permanent position with a competitive annual salary and excellent benefits.
- 5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with flexible hours.
- Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements and may be required to complete a medical assessment.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme.
You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.