Personal Assistant / PA
Personal Assistant - Finance
Location: Wigmore Street, London
Permanent, Full Time
About the role
Here at Babcock we are looking to recruit a PA to provide a high quality and professional service to the senior members of the finance team as well as support and facilitation of the wider team, efficient operation of the function. This is to be achieved within a demanding, time pressured environment where organisational skills, flexibility, pro-activity, attention to detail and meeting deadlines are paramount.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. We also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have executive secretarial experience of working in a high profile, pressured and busy office environment.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Extensive, proven experience in complex diary management
- Experience of meeting and e-mail management
- Shorthand, audio or equivalent
- High quality letter writing (grammar and spelling)
- Support to the finance function, leadership team including Finance Director, Assistant Director of Finance, Procurement & Supply Chain Director, Head of Treasury and Structured Finance, Projects and New Business Director and other key senior team members. Pro-actively managing and co-ordinating diaries; meeting requirements with appropriate travel times and travel bookings.
- Booking travel and meeting rooms in support of scheduled meetings.
- Holding weekly catch up meeting with supported principals to ensure plans and priorities remain coherent.
- Plan and organise events and conferences as and when required.
- Raise purchase orders in SAP for suppliers.
- Attend meetings to act as a minute taker.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.