Financial Accounting Specialist
Financial Accounting Specialist
We are seeking a candidate with significant experience financial accounting. Customer focused with a great attention to detail you will be used to working in a fast-paced environment and will pride yourself on delivering against deadlines. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience providing support within, NATO, the MoD, civil service, the wider armed forces or a defence organisation.
- Screen and validation of price proposals for provision of service;
- monitor and provide internal control of actual costs incurred in the execution of Service Level Agreements (SLAs);
- provide tracking and contribute to the development of policy regarding financial control and management accounting
- provide managerial accounting analysis and interpretation of data, making recommendations for improvements, cost savings, and efficiencies in the delivery of CIS services;
- management and control of funds delegated by customers to support ongoing operations;
- estimation of the costs of support and preparation, submission, and defense of budget submissions;
- liaison with key stakeholders concerning the delegation, management, execution and accounting of the mission budget funds;
- provide advice on the design, implementation, and operation of integrated financial systems;
- Implementation of and operating cost control measures and service cost management;
- provide Management Accounting analysis and technical advice;
- provide mentorship, technical training, and guidance to finance staffs of subordinate organisations;
- development of price proposals and investment appraisals for submission;
- assist in the planning, development and execution of the Centralised CIS Budget.
- assist in the co-ordination of requirements, management and execution of all delegated CIS budgets;
- assist in the co-ordination and implementation of the financial aspects of SLAs;
- act as a Fund Manager for specified portions of the budgets and financial plans.
As a Financial Accounting Specialist, you will be part of the centralised financial capability, providing expertise to specific NATO projects at multiple stakeholder levels. Part of a multi-national team you will be involved in the support of financial functions with a particular focus on Service Level Agreements (SLA) tailoring your approach and offering to user requirements.
- hands-on experience in finance and accountancy;
- knowledge of accounting software such as Oracle R12;
- strong Microsoft Office skills, being highly proficient in Excel;
- knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- citizen of one of the NATO nations;
- ability to obtain a NATO clearance;
- unlimited right to reside and remain in the host country;
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accountancy and finance.
MCR is the trusted leader in integrated program management solutions. We have long provided solutions across the defence community and have an enviable reputation of delivery. For more information about MCR, LLC career opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.
If you think that you have the right skills and experience to fill this role, please hit apply below, or for an informal chat ahead of applying please contact me directly at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More searches like this
- Administration / Secretarial None / Undisclosed Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Procurement None / Undisclosed Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in United Kingdom