Senior Supply Chain Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- The Senior Strategic Supply Chain Manager will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- In this role, you will:
- Set sourcing strategy and lead a team with strong process responsibility to develop complex and comprehensive supplier/buyer contractual relationships to meet the business needs.
- Develop, implement and lead overall supplier strategy for spend under your responsibility, including simplification, ensuring sourcing process integrity, and optimize productivity, quality and fulfilment.
- Develop, plan, and manage programs to meet GE purchasing commitments in Sourcing.
• Develop sourcing strategy targets on quality, price, delivery, and service necessary to meet requirements.
• Manage the complete purchasing and contract administration functions to meet program commitments.
• Provide for the evaluation of vendor quotations utilizing appropriate negotiation and purchasing analysis techniques and implementation of proper contracts with emphasis on quality, price, delivery, and service necessary to meet requirements.
- Provide for evaluation of suppliers' capabilities and identification of appropriate items to buy.
- Provide support to GE Marketing and Sales in their proposal efforts
- Implement and maintain a quality improvement process targeting reduction in product variation and product losses using key management tools.
- Collaborate with sourcing managers and specialists in setting realistic and challenging operational goals, and contribute to their accomplishment.
- Periodically prepare and implement supporting work plans
- Be responsible for people management activities including recruiting, performance management, compensation, and organizational structure, manage the fulfilment of purchasing commitments and organize appropriate plans.
- Lead commodity Sourcing with accountability over direct / indirect buy, and cost reduction targets.
- Ensure supplier compliance with regulatory and reputation requirements
- Partner with Supplier Quality to drive quality initiatives for Sourcing
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent relevant experience
- Considerable experience in a Sourcing position or Supply Chain Management or Shop Operations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, experience of leading large teams in a matrix organisation
- Ability to cope with and resolve multiple complex situations daily
- Negotiation expertise
- Time management, scheduling and prioritisation skillsApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Knowledge of GE Department of Defence procedures