Senior HSE Manager
Senior HSE Manager - Hinkley Point C
Bristol, Aztec West
£60,000 - £75,000
20% Bonus, Company Car, Private Medical
My client who are a world-renowned Defence & Engineering organisation is currently recruiting for a Senior HSE Manager to join their prestigious nuclear services business unit who provide lifecycle management within all the UK wide nuclear energy facilities. We are a lifetime partner to EDF energy and are supporting the circa £20B Hinkley Point C project with a variety of supportive services.
We are interested in hearing from excellent HSE professionals who have experience in:
- Leading improvement within the HSE programme with the ability to change internal culture
- Working at all levels from blue & white collar up to senior management
- Ability to interface with customers and guide the decision making process
In this position, you would be supporting the HSE Director in central activities, which may include supporting development and continuously improving HSE sections of management system, supporting development of HSE strategy, determining competency and training requirements, supporting HSE audit programmes, attending HSE meetings, promulgating lessons learned, leading or coordinating interactions with all levels.
To work alongside business directors and their organisations to implement and embed the strategic HSE agenda for the and business area of responsibility, focused on improving HSE lagging and leading performance; coordinating and providing HSE advice and support in their business area, enforcing standards, supporting strong HSE culture, investigating events.
- Support development and maintenance of the HSE management system and support documentation, to meet both legislative and internal requirements.
- Enforce standards, provide advice and promote a strong HSE culture within the business.
- Input to and deliver relevant parts of the Assurance improvement programmes in order to improve overall performance and quality of arrangements.
- Support company sites in identifying and ensuring compliance with environmental permits and authorisations (sites within own business area).
- Provide proactive advice, support and appropriate resources to facilitate projects and the business in general, in order to improve HSE arrangements, culture, performance and meet project requirements
- Co-ordinate HSE resources across designated business area to provide effective support and ensure a high quality of work delivered by the resources deployed
- Provide advice and support to Business Directors and Project/Operations Managers on Level 2/3 Event Investigations and Management in order to ensure Events are appropriately investigated and lessons to prevent reoccurrence are promulgated
- Identify and deliver appropriate HSE audit programmes, and advise on lower level audit/inspection programmes, in order to monitor the effectiveness of arrangements and their implementation
- To manage the direct reports, encouraging continuous professional development
- Significant HSE experience preferably gained within a similar role in the nuclear or other regulated industry
- Achieving HSE Improvements
The role can be based at our Aztec West, Bristol with travel to locations throughout the UK.
To find out more please apply to the ad or send your CV to Jed Williams who is leading the recruitment - .