My clients Digital Solutions business provides information management services and solutions to maximise the utility of data and provide decision making insight across the asset and service lifecycle, within the Marine and Defence Sector.
We are currently looking for a Scheduler to undertake the planning and scheduling of work packages from initial bid through to contract close out and support.
Principal tasks and responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain schedules for bids and proposed delivery
- Create and maintain schedules for projects and services.
- Create key date schedules for planning and execution phases of projects.
- Create options, baseline and mitigation plans for consideration at meetings.
- Ensure schedules are resourced appropriately
- Produce key event progress metrics and reports when required.
- Produce earned value reports when required.
- Support project and service managers in the creation and maintenance of schedules, focusing on the removal of resource constraints and over-allocation.
- Produce critical path views of projects for group review and for the monthly progress reports as required.
- Capture actual dates and timescales accurately, recording reasons for delays, and where target dates were bettered. Provide data that will be used for 'learning from experience'.
- Produce critical path adherence graphs for senior manager consideration and the formal monthly Progress Reports as required.
Essential requirements for this role must include:
- Understanding the lifecycle of complex IT projects and services using techniques including APM, PRINCE2 and ITIL.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Project) and Visio.
The candidate will also require a full driving licence. Successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment.
To find out more please apply to this ad.