Project Coordinator, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, up to £271/Day
1 day left
- Job Type
Our client, the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, are seeking a Project Coordinator, to join them at Portsdown Hill Rd, Southwick, Portchester, Fareham PO17 6AD
Team: DSTL//Programme & Delivery//Operations
Initial contracts will run for 12 months and offer a rate up to £271/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 22/01/2019 at 08:50
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
The Associate Project Manager supports the Project Manager (PM), managing and coordinating the project and data throughout the project life cycle. They may also be required to manage some Project Management activities within a project at the direction/delegation of the PM. Role includes:
- Maintaining the project documentation and information to provide control and ensure availability of records in accordance with the Management System and using the relevant corporate Management Information systems.
- Carrying out health checks for Audit purposes of the Shared Network respective Project areas. Identifying Risks and Mitigation Plan.
- As the first point of contact, responding to internal requests relating to the project documentation, providing and/or coordinating information for corporate requirements.
- Maintaining awareness of corporate project management procedures, identifying necessary changes required in the control of projects where appropriate.
- Coordinating the planning and scheduling of project management requirements and reviews, liaising with all relevant project team members and customers.
- Monitoring and updating financial data, bringing forward issues for review, and proposing options/mitigation, to enable accurate forecasting and financial control through accurate reporting.
- Managing Bid Process in accordance with PM/Project Technical Authority.
- Competent in the management and processing new contracts, Contract Amendments and requisitions, closely monitoring programme and commercial progress, responding to key points to ensure the project maintains the tight time schedule requirements.
- Supporting the planning, preparing and reviewing of project documentation, bringing forward issues arising for resolution and capturing lessons learned.
- Networking and engaging with other project teams, sharing good practice and lessons learned.
- Engaging with Business Managers and Functions (finance/commercial etc.) as required, meeting Division and Programme aims.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office, including Project and Sharepoint
- Track record of successful delivery in an equivalent role with equivalent level of responsibility in complex IT application projects
- Knowledge of industry standard methods and tools
- Experience of working successfully with IT supplier staff and representatives from business teams to delivery new systems
- Experience of working successfully in large; complex organisations
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
Apply for Project Coordinator, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, up to £271/Day
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Biotechnology SC Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Fareham
- Central Government SC Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Fareham
- Defence SC Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Fareham
- Digital Forensics SC Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Fareham
- Information Technology SC Contract £100,000 - £109,999 jobs in Fareham