AWS Cloud Engineer
AWS Cloud Engineer - Permanent - London -£40,000 - £65,000 per annum
Software engineering is an ever broadening field, we work with a prestigious defence company who offer a huge range of software engineering projects; from malware analysis to high-speed packet processing and from full stack web development to machine learning. Their growing team develops these systems from inception to production and most of their products are unique and push the boundaries of existing technology.
Each new project has its own challenging set of requirements and is usually built from the ground-up.
About the role:
- Our client is looking for experienced cloud engineers to form a growing team which deliver secure cloud services to key customers.
- Cloud is a critical pillar in their five year strategy, building on their partnership with AWS and incorporating other cloud providers to deliver novel solutions to customers who require a greater level of security than is provided by standard cloud offerings.
- For this role, our client is looking for hands on experience with a range of cloud technologies but principally AWS. You will be working closely with end customers to elaborate their requirements and then lead the team to agilely deliver to time, cost and quality.
- The team want individuals that can leverage their extensive technical experience and academic studies to meet their rigorous and challenging delivery objectives and standards.
- Be able to solve complex security problems and apply industry best practice in all aspects of software engineering, systems engineering or cyber-security and have a detailed working knowledge of development methodologies, including Agile and Lean.
- Be a member of the software engineering profession, joining a team of world class engineers who are working to secure and develop our critical national infrastructure.
- They need highly motivated software engineers who have passion and aptitude not only for writing software but also for improving our software development practices.
- Do you enjoy learning, and are curious about new technologies and want to contribute to a culture where knowledge is shared and discussed.
Skills / Experience:
- Must have achieved a 2:1 or above in a relevant degree e.g. Computer Science or has achieved the relevant industry experience for the grade you are applying for.
Essential professional skills for the roles commensurate with the level applied for:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, deliverables and stakeholder expectations.
- You will need to be a hands on practitioner in the following technology areas:
- Hands on experience in building and deploying Cloud platforms in at least one of AWS or Azure.
- Certification in AWS preferable
- Virtualisation/containerisation technologies, VMware (ESX and VCenter), xen, virtualbox, Docker, Kubernetes/Swarm).
- Automated system build, using some of Ansible, Puppet, Terraform Foreman, Kickstart (including PXE) and Microsoft Deployment tool kits.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages, Bash, Python, PowerShell or similar
- Software lifecycle, issue management and version control technologies and practices; e.g. Git (using Git Flow), Bitbucket, JIRA, Scrum/Kanban.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active DV, please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.