Reed Professional Services (RPS) is a Management Consultancy, technology services and outsourcing company specialising in Business, IT, financial services and associated sectors.
We specialise in partnership solutions, people skills and providing stability giving our clients powerful solutions and a focused approach.
We are currently engaged with a Central Government Department, for whom we are delivering a number of vital work packages as part of an incredibly high-profile and complex Business Change/Transformation Programme. This programme is centred around the UK exiting the EU in spring 2019.
The EU Exit Emergencies (EUXE) Centre is planned to be stood up in March 2019 as a team consisting Civil Servants from across the client groups and beyond and external contractors. Each position within the team has a vital and unique role in ensuring that the EUXE Centre fulfils its remit with the team.
During a crisis the EUXE Centre could receive 1000’s of pieces of information from various sources. It is the primary responsibility of the Information Officer is to gather information on the situation that the EUEX Centre has been tasked to respond to. The “insert title here” performs a vital role in informing the EUXE centre what is going on and collating the information available and translate this to a form that all members of the EUXE centre can understand. Then sorting, prioritising and delegating the information to the right people at the right time.
- This person must be capable of fast and consistent decision-making and sound judgement. The EUXE manager will be able to advise on complex points but in general the Information Officer will be expected to work autonomously. The Information Officer will be accountable for the receipt and follow up of information, PQs, correspondence and queries which come into the EUXE.
- someone who is looking up and out into the working environment to spot early indications of approaching issues or emergencies.
- Must be highly organized with excellent judgement. & must be confident is commissioning action from others in the EUXE and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- The ability to work under pressure in an area of high public and media interest;
- The ability to work under variable or low levels of supervision;
- The ability to make sound, logical judgements based on possibly incomplete or imperfect information;
- The ability to engage and collaborate with others, both within the Emergency Centre and across the wider group.
Apply for Information Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Insurance None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Legal None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Policing None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Public Sector None / Undisclosed Contract £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Central)