Project Manager, Ministry of Defence, up to £320/Day
Our client, the Ministry of Defence, are seeking a Project Manager, to join them at Ministry of Defence Corsham, Westwells Rd, Box, Corsham SN13 9RA
Team: MOD//MOD Core//JFC//Director Information Systems Services
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to £320/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 14/01/2019 at 14:30
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
- Engagement with all local stakeholders to ensure the MOD contractual obligations to provide site information and access required by the supplier to migrate to IUS, using an approved Site Migration Process (SMP).
- Gaining local knowledge from key stakeholders to ensure that site surveys have included all units, lodgers and locations relevant to that site.
- Monitor and report progress through the Site Readiness Team (SRT) Lead or Regional Implementation Support Office (RISO).
- Where possible resolve any site-specific survey and migration problem, and where necessary escalate issues through recognised routes in the SMP and the RISO. Deliver documentation, obtain information and support any other activities which are needed to support the delivery of new services to multiple MOD locations.
- Facilitate site visits, site meetings, site surveys and when tasked act as a focal point for a specific geographical region.
- To manage and maintain contact with the IUS Programme delivery team, the new supplier and sites to ensure that the required services are provided during the implementation phase of delivery.
- Support and be involved in the preparation, modification and delivery of documented processes.
- Ensure all risks, assumptions and Learning from Experience (LFE) are documented and managed throughout the process and escalated as appropriate within the project management framework.
- To manage minor works Government Funded Equipment (GFE) requirements; employing a GFE reduction strategy during site surveys to ensure value for money within provisional supplier designs.
- To manage GFE statement of requirements through appropriate service fulfilment routes.
- Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders
- Experience of governance and risk control frameworks
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Strong leadership; people and communications skills
- Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Contract £110,000 - £119,999 jobs in Corsham
- Defence SC Contract £110,000 - £119,999 jobs in Corsham
- Information Technology SC Contract £110,000 - £119,999 jobs in Corsham
- Procurement SC Contract £110,000 - £119,999 jobs in Corsham
- Public Sector SC Contract £110,000 - £119,999 jobs in Corsham