We are seeking a highly personable and technically astute Systems Engineer. A stickler for detail, the ideal candidate for this role will have recent experience providing support to senior stakeholders within, NATO, the MoD, civil service, the wider armed forces or a defence organisation.
· maintain Air Command and Control (C2) and Ballistic Missile Defence (BMD) domain specific knowledge on security requirements, design and architecture;
· act as Subject Matter Expert for ACCS security issues;
· monitor security posture & security accreditation status of NATO BMD System of Systems;
· review LifecycleEngineering Change Proposals (LECPs) for NATO AirC2 and NATO BMD capabilities and services for impact on CIS security;
· review architectural/design changes of NATO BMD System of Systems and AirC2 for compliance with N ATO Security Policy;
· review the security documentation in support of security accreditation for NATO BMD and AirC2 Communications and Information Systems;
· execute and support security inspections/audits and security testing for NATO BMD/AirC2. Perform other duties as required.
Working as part of a team within the CIS security section at NCIA for NATO, the successful applicant will provide technical project support, delivering testing and documentation to the client. This role is to be based in The Hague so would suit those either already living there or willing and able to work within that location unencumbered.
bachelor’s degree in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) content, or exceptionally, the lack of a degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience of relevance to this post; experience in defining CIS security requirements for CIS preferably for largescale distributed softwareintensive CIS with realtime and safety requirements (e.g. AirC2, BMD, Air Traffic Management systems); experience in assessing CIS architectures for compliance with the associated security requirements; experience in CIS Security Risk Management (SRM) and executing Security Risk Assessments (SRAs); experience in drafting security documentation relative to security accreditation of systems or certification of security appliances; experience in drafting security posture strategies and monitoring their execution/implementation for mission critical CIS; experience in system security testing and security inspections/audits; knowledge of computer system architectures, modern operating systems and their security features, client/server, LAN / WAN and network concepts, test techniques, Database Management Systems (DBMS) and data management concepts. Fluent in English language (reading, writing, listening and speaking); Ability to obtain national Secret or NATO Secret Security Clearance; Must be a citizen of one of the 29 member NATO nations. Must be eligible to live and work in the Netherlands without assistance.
Master’s degree at a nationally recognized/certified University in a technical subject with substantial Information Technology (IT) content; knowledge of NATO Security Policy and Regulations; knowledge of the security architecture of NATO BMD and AirC2 systems; professional certification in the CIS security area; knowledge of NATO structure and the mission of Allied Co prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements. The company
MCR is the trusted leader in integrated program management solutions. We have long provided solutions across the defence community and have an enviable reputation of delivery. For more information about MCR, LLC career opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com .
If you think that you have the right skills and experience to fill this role, please hit apply below, or for an informal chat ahead of applying please contact me directly at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Systems Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Central Government None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Consultancy None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Defence None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Engineering None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Contract £130,000 - £139,999 jobs in United Kingdom