PMO Business Partner
Reed Professional Services (RPS) is a Management Consultancy, technology services and outsourcing company specialising in IT, financial services and associated sectors. We specialise in partnership solutions, people skills and providing stability giving our clients powerful solutions and focused approach.
RPS are currently engaged with one of Central government office are who is currently delivering several vital work packages as part of an incredibly Brexit Programme.
In order to support this, the need for an experienced PMO Business Partner has been identified to join and oversee a team.
Day rate: £400 - £500 per day
Locations: Westminster, London
Duration: 3 months contract initially
You will provide an advisory and support function that will aid the execution of a central PMO service within the Organisation. You will be part of the central PMO service but working out in the business units of the organisation to aid and assist them. You will be working to create and implement a series of standard working methods that are applicable to the organisation and ensure the consistent engagement across the organisations portfolio
There is a broad cross section of programmes that need support both to raise understanding of PPM and PMO good practise, but also to focus on the delivery of projects and programmes within the programme. In this project RPS are introducing a team of experienced PPM consultants to supplement the organisations model to help to deliver the following key changes.
- Embedding PPM capabilities at workstream and project level to ensure effective distribution of current workload between PPM and policy resources to ensure successful delivery of the organisations programme.
- Supporting the development of Business Cases for the currently identified projects.
- Introducing planning best practice to support the building of better plans for the organisations projects developing them from initiation through to detailed plans with resource allocation.
- Introducing PPM best practice on existing and new PPM processes to provide SROs and relevant
- stakeholders with the assurance and comfort that they have visibility on all aspects impacting delivery.
- Must have worked in central government department.
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out initial assessment and reviewing the existing project artefacts.
- Demonstrable experience of creating action plans and reporting.
- Experience of delivering effective leadership and management controls.
- Significant stakeholder management experience to a senior level.
- Demonstrable experience of governance and senior decision making.
- Demonstrable experience of providing support, guidance and coaching for project teams.
- Experience of implementation action plans to drive the project successfully.
- Experience of managing the final closure of projects.
- Demonstrable experience of driving multiple projects forward to successful delivery.
- Broad understanding of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal