Production Supervision Team Leader
Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Day to day, tactical management of employees, aimed at maximising production in a safe working environment and to quality standards. You will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the area or business segment. You will utilize your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for yourself and the team, affecting short term and long-term business goals, drive process improvements, lead and cycle time improvement.
- First line manager, providing leadership and coaching for Shop employees, and driving engagement and motivation in the team/s
- Ensure schedule adherence is maintained through a programme of daily, weekly and monthly updates on progress against the agreed plan for each product.
- Responsible for the timely and cost-effective management and delivery of all products under your area of responsibility.
- Ability to appropriately locate and prioritise resources based upon enabled output targets
- Team development, deployment and performance management
- Own the visual management and business reporting process
- Administration and Vouchering Management (including Holiday, TMS, OVTM, Booking on PROTOS, DRs)
- Absence management
- Support 'self-empowered' teams
- Drive an EHS and Quality culture within the team/s and set the example for good practice.
- Carry out risk assessments; EHS and Quality audits, arrange health surveillances, accident prevention and investigations; ensure calibration and zero quality escapes.
- Promote and develop internal and external customer satisfaction and positive customer relationships through on-time delivery of quality product.
- Understands strategies for ensuring manufacturing/repair processes to meet product conformity requirements
- Eliminate waste in processes
- Identify and effectively deal with bottlenecks that will affect the plan and escalate where appropriate
- Ensure document control
- controlled copy of shop documents (drawings and MPs)
- Implementation of contingency Plans when required (e.g. for machine breakdowns)
- Experience with utilising and creating effective MS Excel spreadsheets; working capability with MS Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Engineering Apprenticeship or Service equivalent
- BTEC HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline
- Knowledge of manufacturing Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Experience in a manufacturing supervisory position preferably in an Aviation manufacturing / MRO environment gained within a Part 21G or Part 145 organisation
- Good understanding of lean principles
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement amongst the work force to actively drive efficiency / cost out improvements into the production line.
- Ability to develop and motivate a high-involvement team
- Prior experience with regulatory agencies and knowledge of requirements is preferred
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of GE products, processes, customer requirements and budgeting/financial processes is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills