Electronic Maintenance Technician
Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- To carry out the maintenance and repairs to CNC machine tools, PLC Controllers, Plant and Equipment.
- Duties include the maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Experience of in depth fault finding on Fanuc, Heidenhain & Siemens control systems.
- Fault finding on computer controlled equipment Composite and Metallic equipment. Ovens Autoclaves, Machine Tools etc.
- Carry out Planned Preventive Maintenance as required.
- Identify parts and materials required to carry out tasks.
- Testing and inspection of Electrical systems
- Have a working knowledge of mechanical systems and be able to work on mechanical plant and equipment if required.
- Compliant with EHS regulations in the work place.
- Qualified to BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent
- Served a recognized apprenticeship or equivalent
- 18th Edition of the Electrical Regulations would be preferred
- Computer skills required
- Proven ability to actively participate in a team culture
- Used to communicating at different levels
- Positive approach to problem solving
- Driven to succeed as an individual and in the team
- Possibility of working unsociable hours including night shift if requiredApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Requires the proven ability to actively participate in a team culture
- Demonstrate the ability to operate under own initiative
- Promote and support a safe working environment
- Please note that this role may involve physical activity. Therefore, applicants must be capable of undertaking activities with appropriate assistance if required