Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP) UK - 2019
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Digital Technology
- The Digital Technology Leadership Program (DTLP) offers those with a passion to grow their leadership, business acumen, and technical skills while building a career with unlimited potential. Program members lead by doing, gaining real-world experience by working on important, challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
- • Full-time, two-year leadership development program where members work within a GE business alongside experts in various locations
• Four, six-month rotational assignments within your specific business covering diverse projects in Digital Engineering, Data Analytics & Operations, Technical Product Management, and more.
• Global classroom experience and virtual coursework focused on technical training, leadership, and business acumen
• Over the course of the program, you'll receive a broad set of diverse assignments spanning product management, data analytics, IT operations, software development, and more.
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, Computer Engineering, IT Security, ITM, Informatics, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Security and Risk Analysis or relevant STEM majors with experience in Software or IT experience Graduating by May/June 2019 Eligibility Requirements: Must be geographically mobile as requested by the business.Legal authorization to work in the UK is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be flexible and able to navigate an ever-changing work environment
- A strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion and aptitude for both software and information technology
- Up-to-date with current industry standards, trending software, and information technology development tools
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in IT, software, or relevant area
- Solves technical challenges through regular application of common design patterns, and ability to identify appropriate patterns for use in problem solving
- Ability to understand coding standards that meet and deliver desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Strong customer focus, ability to understand the value proposition for the customer, and commitment to deliver the best value proposition
- Able to engage positively across multiple departments to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust to achieve business goals
- Demonstrated program/project management skills working on and leading teams
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms
- Contributes to creative solutions and challenges the status quo
- Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption #DTR#LI-QK1