Special Process Owner - Paint and Composite
Prestwick, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Scope includes Project Management required for the introduction of new components and industrialization of new repairs. Shop focal for technical issues within the Paint and Composite processes.
- Work closely with NPI Project Leader to identify suitable Component Repair Industrialisation projects that meet the strategic needs of the business and to justify the business case through data driven evaluation.
- Work closely with SPO Engineers and NPI Project Leader to evaluate RD requirements and to manage through to completion individual and multiple projects on time, per budget and in adherence to GE Aviation MOC requirements.
- Responsible for coordination of RSS, including but not limited to: Obtaining a copy of the RD and RSS document for development purposes, Initiation of eRSS workflow, sourcing of sample part, required tooling and equipment review, co-ordination of Caledonian departments to produce any special requirements required in support of the RD & RSS and first article review. Ensuring that Repair NPI Industrialisation meets documented requirements.
- Ensuring that Paint and Composite processes meet documented requirements.
- Review of OEM documents e.g. RD's, IC's, TR's, SB's for adequacy of technical details regarding performance and control of special processes.
- Maintenance and control of set-up charts.
- Identify, drive, mentor and implement projects that improve overall product quality, compliance and yield of processes.
- Responsible for internal special process workstation assessments.
- Approval of all new special process equipment specifications prior to purchase.
- Approval of equipment when required
- prior to initial use, after major maintenance and after being moved.
- Research and implement new equipment and technologies when required whilst ensuring that equipment available is adequate for intended use.
- Identifying process control variables for equipment calibration.
- Ensuring that appropriate material is being used, that all shelf life requirements are met and that alternate or equivalent materials are properly approved.
- The successful candidate will have served a recognized Engineering Apprenticeship or be qualified to degree level in a relevant Engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
- In depth experience/knowledge of Paint and Composite processes will be key
- Requires a high energy, assertive and self-motivated individual to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills and strong computer literacy
- Knowledge of process operations in a fast-paced production environment is crucial, as is the ability to interpret technical information e.g. ESM, CIR, RD's, SB's, QCWI's, Drawings, Specifications etc.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, change management and lean methodologies would be beneficialApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.