Technology Project Leader
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- The Technology Project Leader will deliver a large part of the Digiprop programme, which will span composites development, mechanical design and verification and control systems. Working closely with the Programme Manager, Advanced Engineering Manager and the broader engineering teams at Dowty, you will not only lead assigned work packages, but will also be responsible for instilling a strong project management approach and delivery ethic to the whole Digiprop programme.
- Working with the Dowty leadership team, manage cross-functional coordination to ensure robust scope, plans and schedules are developed to deliver R&D commitments
- Build and lead appropriate integrated product development teams, provide mentoring to assigned personnel to aid execution of projects
- Work with and develop key strategic partnerships (e.g. the NCC and Universities) to maximize benefits to GE
- Ensure assigned projects are delivered with financial and contractual constraints, and through established company procedures
- Support bid and proposal estimates using work breakdown structure methodologies to estimate the labour and material requirements, and support company strategic planning process, including annual budgets, spend forecasts, resource planning and funding requirements
- Develop scope-of-work specifications including those of contractors / subcontractors where needed
- Lead risk management activities for assigned projects
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects consistent with Engineering policies and procedures
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Support customer meetings with Program Manager, which include preparation of presentation material for design reviews and technical information reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or related Aerospace Engineering from an accredited University, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Experience managing research and development projects in a cross functional environment.
- Research and development experience within propulsion, control systems, materials or related domains.
- Proven innovation success with a technology product portfolio
- Must be a confident and articulate communicator, both verbally and writtenApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/workingBaseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Knowledge of the aviation regulatory environment, including civil certification requirement, safety and environmental requirements
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 10-20% of the time
- Demonstrated competency in using standard project management tools
- Ability to apply advanced aspects of the engineering field and quality assurance concepts to solve practical business problems
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to lead a team in a matrix organisation, including teams distributed across several sites or organisations
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Six Sigma certification