Head of Operations
Hamble-le-Rice, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- Overall accountability for operations within a Manufacturing or Assembly product area(s). Providing strategic direction for operational activity, complex operational issues and customer requirements. Set the agenda for the product area(s) through long term planning aimed at complimenting overall business strategy for the site.
- Is current on important trends for the product area(s) (economic, political, environmental, regulatory, competitive, etc.) and integrates knowledge into plans/actions. Champion bold and innovative ideas intended to create breakthrough solutions.
- Use scenario planning and other contemporary methods to drive market leadership and stay ahead of the competition.
- Partner with external stakeholders to shape future outcomes and create mutually beneficial solutions.
- Leverage industry relationships to provide information to customers about the industry, their competitors and their customers to create opportunities for GE.
- Responsible for achieving business profit, productivity, safety, and quality goals
- Communicate with customers to ensure that all commitments are met or exceeded, working with them as well as functional leaders, and internal staff to meet production and product support requirements
- Drive the financial performance of the team to maximise cost reduction and productivity opportunities throughout the product area(s).
- Develop and track sales, expense, inventory, and investment budgets with the input of each organisation
- Champion Lean Six Sigma throughout the product area(s) to maximise improvement activities and opportunities. Direct process / product improvement programs and provide process method excellence throughout the product area(s)
- Provide overall manufacturing area leadership in the achievement of goals with respect to EHS, Quality, Production, Manpower and Compliance.
- Provide leadership in the areas of staff selection, training and development, facility planning and construction, process, and procedure implementation
- Lead and coach Operations Managers, guiding them in current positions and assisting with career development and training
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in an engineering related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in a leadership position
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, and standard cost systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing policies and regulations established by GE as well as government, regulatory agencies and other customersApplications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent knowledge is preferred
- Corporate Training Program graduate (manufacturing / operations / engineering) is preferred (GE employees only)
- Six Sigma training is preferred (GE employees only)
- Ability to develop and motivate a high-involvement team through commitment to meeting customer and organisation demands
- Knowledge of GE products, processes, customer requirements and budgeting/financial processes is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills