Commercial Leadership Program (CLP)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) develops future leaders in sales and marketing through challenging developmental experiences, rigorous training curriculum, exposure to senior leadership and a strong, engaged community of other program members across the globe.
- The program is designed to accelerate your professional development through technical and leadership training, while working on a variety of live projects with responsibility for business-critical priorities. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in challenging commercial roles by providing the opportunity to learn about GE Aviation's products and customers, developing key sales and marketing competencies, while also making significant contributions to the business. CLP is a two-year fixed term program providing real work experience in unique and developmental rotations within the commercial functions (sales and marketing) of GE Aviation. The program gives exposure to various sub-businesses, products, and leaders as well as world-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of classroom, hands-on, and online training. Program Benefits include impactful, challenging business roles with personalized rotation planning, formal mentoring and coaching by assignment managers and senior leadership and strong networking with diverse group of CLPs around the world. Finally, there is the option to engage with CLPs in project work, program committees, community service, and unique opportunities to share best practices across businesses and regional geographies. Program Content:
- Three rotational assignments, which will involve at least two rotations in either sales, marketing or commercial operations, or possibly a third broadening rotation in engineering, manufacturing or program management. All rotation goals and objectives will be motivated by real GE business priorities
- Bespoke GE Leadership Training Courses: Including Outcome based selling and "Activating Your Leadership Journey (ALJ)"
- Development of problem-solving and time management skills through Technical Classes, Workshops, Formal Reports and Presentations
- Opportunities to meet with, and present to, influential GE Leaders
- Residential courses to improve your Professional Development Skills, including presentations, collaboration and leadership skills, as well as your business insight
- Volunteering Opportunities: Leadership program members are the focal point of GE's culture, and participants are strongly encouraged to lead the way in championing GE's core values.
- A genuinely collaborative environment, which is prevalent on the CLP, with a committed team ethos, and a highly supportive professional and social community
- Minimum Bachelor's 2:1 (Hons) Degree in one of the following subjects Business, Business & Management Studies, Engineering with Business (Aerospace/Mechanical/Avionics etc.) or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Internship, co-op, or full-time work experience in sales and/or the aviation industry
- Academic excellence
- Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude.
- The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
- An analytic, collaborative approach to problem solving
- Dedication to a career in commercial technology and a real passion for Aerospace industry
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter
- Travel and re-location may be required during rotations.Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability