Cyber Security Consultant
The Role and Responsibilities
Your key responsibilities will encompass the following:
• Provide Cyber Security advice and guidance for clients in ‘business as usual’, technical refresh and new project environments
• Be able to apply technical knowledge, with creative and innovative thinking in a broad range of complex and non-routine contexts
• Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements
• Perform Cyber Security risk assessments and determine the most cost effective deployment of security controls and solutions in line with the business risk appetite to protect information assets from loss misuse, leakage or corruption
• Create client Cyber Awareness policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements and standards.
• Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
• Experience of delivering technical Cyber Security consultancy in multi-disciplined environments.
• Experience of developing Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), including risk assessments/management and the deployment of appropriate controls
• An excellent communicator, verbal (active listener) and written (able to write concisely)
• Ability to articulate and pitch Cyber Security advice both at a technical and non-technical level, directly to key customer stakeholders
• Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
• Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure that delivers security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations
• Ability to work both effectively individually and within a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
• A wide awareness of Cyber Security across Government and Industry to include; HMG Information Assurance Policies, Standards and Guidelines, including the Security Policy Framework, the CESG IA Portfolio and JSP440 (plus other standard MoD IA methods
• CESG Certified Professional (Security and Information Risk Advisor or Security Architect)
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent
• Associate/Full Membership of recognised security professional body such as the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) or the BCS
• A keen interest in the latest technology with a focus on security technologies
• Ambition to work in a challenging and rewarding role that provides real benefit to clients
• An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills
• Experience within programe and project environments
• Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
• Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy.
Atkins develops employees through a tailored portfolio of training and development courses designed to help successful candidates make the best of their abilities and talents.
Atkins is one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects. Protecting the security of our home and of our citizens abroad is one of government’s highest priorities Our role as a trusted advisor allows us to offer rewarding careers to people who want to enhance their skills and build on their experience in this dynamic sector.
Civilian Work Attachment
For members of the British Armed forces who are currently in their last two years of service, we are offering the opportunity to undertake a Civilian Work Attachment (CWA) within Atkins. You will have the chance to learn about the Atkins & Faithful + Gould businesses and our culture, as well as being assessed for your fit within our organisation and where your skills may be most beneficial.
You will also develop an understanding of potential career paths and speak to other Armed Forces leavers who have progressed in their time with Atkins. If you are a service leaver and looking for more information, please contact the Recruitment Advisor looking after this role.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.