Cyber Security Consultant
5 days left
- Job Type
Role: Senior Cyber Security Consultant
Location: Bath & UK
Clearance: Able to achieve DV
Salary: £40K - £70K, plus annual profit related bonus
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Cyber Security Consultant. This is a fantastic role, with genuine training and career development working with a leading cyber security consultancy.
The post is based in Bath, with the opportunity for UK and overseas travel.
We work with our Consultants to expand on their knowledge and experience, the role will provide structured training to enable the Consultant to achieve the relevant Certifications and variety, both in the work delivered and the locations.
The successful candidate will have a breadth of Cyber Security skills in a variety of disciplines.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved in a varied array of cyber security work, with their primary role as a Splunk Consultant. To this end, we will provide up to 3 months of Splunk training towards becoming a Splunk guru.
- Cyber Security general practitioner
- Drive complex deployments of technology while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases.
- Collaborate across the entire organisation to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize value
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- Experience in technical consulting and / or big data analytics.
- Security Analyst – Experienced analyst who can triage events as at least a level one analyst, preferably level 2 or 3. A thorough understanding of the various attack vectors and attack methodologies is essential.
- Packet monkey – The ability to drive Wireshark and other protocol analysers and understand what they are looking at within a packet, a thorough understanding of the more common protocols is essential.
- An appreciation of current affairs and news within cyber security.
- Recent experience working with large customers and managing enterprise software deployment projects
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
- Experience in the areas of systems management, log management and security are strongly preferred
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how these relate to the customer’s business
- Able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organisations
- Effective at communicating clearly to technical and business audiences
- Experience with both the Linux and Windows operating systems; must be very comfortable on the command line interface
- Background in SIEM or APM or Big Data or Analytics
- Experience in technical consulting and / or big data analytics
- Experience with application development would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with elastic search, Hadoop and containers.
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the highest level of UK Security Clearance.
To this end the individual must have held British citizenship for 10 years and not have worked abroad, except on official business, for more than 6 months during that period.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to email@example.com
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
If you have not heard from a member of the CND team within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. To comply with GDPR, your application and any personal details will not be retained.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Cyber Security Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Cyber Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Bath
- Defence None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Bath
- Information Technology None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Bath
- Security None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Bath
- Training None / Undisclosed Permanent £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Bath