Technical Architect - Based in Keynsham, Bristol this is a great opportunity to be part of a team helping to deliver a new generation of submarines to carry the UK's nuclear deterrent. It is the largest programme in Defence with a budget of £34 billion confirmed in the Strategic Defence and Security Review.
We are charged with ensuring that the submarines, and the support arrangements that we and others provide, are capable of ensuring the delivery of the UK's Continuous At-Sea Deterrent patrols. The Technical Architect is accountable for the delivery of architecture in support of delivering the Engineering Services business.
- Enterprise and business architecture - Contributes to the creation and review of a systems capability strategy which meets the strategic requirements of the business;
· Systems Design: Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems.
- Requirements definition and management: Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises. Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders. Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements.
· Business Analysis: Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Project management: Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases.
- Degree qualified (or HND/HNC with relevant Information Systems experience).
- Proven experience of architecture using modelling frameworks TOGAF or MODAF.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle (Waterfall or Agile)
- Experience of software, systems and business analysis.
- Management of requirements.
- Experience within the defence industry would be advantageous
What We Offer
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Share Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Childcare vouchers, Health Care Cash Plan, Bike Scheme etc.