Farnborough or Boscombe Downe
3 month initial contract
Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
* Operating in a Safe & Secure manner.
* Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
* Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the performance management system.
* Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project.
* Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
* Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
* Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
* Leadership; being able to influence and align others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success.
* Integrity; being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises, admitting when I don't have the answer and when I have made a mistake.
* Communication; being able to effectively communicate as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning.
* Stakeholder Management; being able to identify, plan and implement actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs.
* Teamwork; being able to create an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal.
* Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and policy.
* Business Development; being able to identify, develop and deliver solutions to our customers' problems within an appropriate commercial framework to maximise benefit to both our customers
* Negotiation & Conflict Management; being able to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties
* Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level C.
* Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 2-4 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering projects.
* Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.