A market leading Defence organisation is currently recruiting for Engineers to take on a permanent positions ASAP. The company is highly regarded for its employee recognition and vital position in today's market place. You will be a driven individual who is looking to work in a fast paced environment with supportive team in a diverse and challenging environment.
We are seeking to recruit Engineers at all levels with a background in Naval Architecture, Marine, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering as well as other Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related backgrounds to join our In-Service Submarine Support team.
To be successful in applying for this position you will:
- Be outgoing and enjoy resolving a new challenge every day;
- Have a structured approach to your work, with an eye for detail; and
- Be able to spot opportunities, challenge the status quo and communicate recommendations effectively.
In return you will:
- Join a team supporting one of the most complex assets in operation today; and
- Learn the skills and techniques required to express complex arrangements and systems in a way that non specialists understand.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious candidate to get a broad range of experience in a FTSE 250 company that is leading the delivery of In Service Support to a variety of Nations and Naval Vessels across the world.
This opportunity is on a full-time permanent basis which is primarily based in Keynsham with the occasional requirement to travel to Bristol, Scotland and Plymouth.
The role offers an exciting area to work within, with great opportunities to challenge and develop yourself and those around you.
Main Purpose of Role
The successful candidate will:
- Be trusted to investigate, develop and offer technical recommendations on real engineering challenges to our customer;
- Build strong stakeholder networks through engagement with our wide customer base as well as our subcontractors;
- Be engaged in the delivery of our existing and evolving business, which are focused on delivering the right outputs, to enable our customer to realise their desired outcomes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
Key Skills and Knowledge
- Have a strong background in a STEM related discipline, either as an ex operator or a designer/analyst with a track record of delivery.
- Understand the need to deliver our commitments, to the customer, to prescribed Time, Cost and Quality targets.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of their outputs, from understanding requirements, to ensuring appropriate review and acceptance.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word & Microsoft Project.
Key Behavioural competencies
- An excellent communicator at all levels, both written and verbal. The individual will build and sustain effective and lasting relationships with the Customer stakeholders and our teams located in Bristol, Devonport and Clyde.
- Be a proactive, enthusiastic and forward thinking individual.
- Be a self-starter who is able to get up to speed quickly with little direction and manage their own work.
- An effective problem solver - being able to balance theoretical assessments with pragmatic solutions.
- Maintain a culture of open disclosure of issues and opportunities and therefore enable learning from experience identification and sharing.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry with a wide and diverse stakeholder group is essential.
- Experience of working within the Submarine Support Enterprise is highly desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working with the Ministry of Defence is desirable but not essential.
- Batchelor's Degree in a relevant STEM discipline;
- Qualified to Foundation Degree/ HND / BTEC Level 5 in a relevant STEM discipline may be acceptable augmented by experience in a relevant engineering field.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Competitive pension contribution
- Share Save Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you would like to be considered for the aforementioned position please submit an application or contact Tom Dugmore on 0117 930 9737
More searches like this
- Defence SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Engineering SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Graduate SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Nuclear SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)
- Oil & Gas SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Bristol (City Centre)