Software Engineer (Design & Development)
2 days left
- Job Type
Due to the success of a number of strategic London programmes, we are expanding our Software Development team with creative and ambitious Software Engineers. With a primary focus on Java, your experience will cover different technologies within an agile environment.
As an organisation, we demand constant innovation, and have immediate opportunities for expert software engineers to design, develop and maintain a suite of applications.
Different thinking for a Different world
Our Client is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide. In Europe, we are among the leading defence and security suppliers with 2,500 employees and long-established businesses in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands.
They are involved in a range of future game-changing programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with its situational awareness and communications, as a specialist in cyber and intelligence datasets, as the pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft, or as the ‘go to’ provider for open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, their reputation as an innovator in unparalleled.
How you will make a difference
You will be asked to support the team in scrum/agile development, software design, requirements analysis, conducting research & development on new software technologies and supporting the pursuit of new business.
Key criteria required...
- Design, development, test and integration of quality software
- Crafting and developing innovative software solution
- Java and use of object oriented design
- Keenness to learn a broad range of different technologies on the Java stack
- Experience working with a DevOps approach and associated tools e.g. Bamboo, BitBucket, Stash & Jenkins.
Also, we’d love it if you have experience of...
- UK Government working practices.
- Agile/scrum methodologies and other tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wikis.
- Model Driven Architecture.
- Relational-database tools like Oracle 11g and MySQL
- Graph-database technologies like Neo4J or OrientDB
- Different programming languages like: Java EE, SQL, PL/SQL, Ruby, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: EJB, JSF, Spring, JUnit, EasyMock
- Various open source products, for example: Apache Foundation products.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a growing career as we work hard to continuously innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
You will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Being a part of our client's organisation gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in their mission of enabling global security. The company grows because of their employees' dedication and commitment to achieving a common goal something at the forefront of the mind of every employee. In return for working for this company you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
Apply for Software Engineer (Design & Development)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Defence SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Engineering SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Information Technology SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Public Sector SC Permanent £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)