High Voltage Authorised Person
1 day left
- Job Type
We are looking for a Utilities High Voltage Authorised Person Electrical to join our team at AWE to provide leadership and direction of plant upkeep, personnel and operations within your area of responsibility.
As a Utilities Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for the safe operation, maintenance and supervision of contractors work activities within the HV and LV distribution Network. You will undertake duty on call, cross site working and overtime as required to meet the role within your designated Network area.
We are looking for the Utilities Operations Engineer to have:
- Previous experience of working in a highly regulated environment
- Previous experience leading operational, maintenance and construction teams
- Technician based apprenticeship or ONC or C&G in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of operational management of plant & functional teams within appointment
- A good working knowledge of HV and LV distribution networks, switchgear and cabling systems.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.