Cyber Data Architect
Are you a talented data specialist with a real passion for futures-thinking and growth?
As an organisation, our client demands constant innovation, and has an immediate opportunity for a visionary Data Architect to join its team in Cosham.
With a primary focus on supporting the company within its big data platform, your experience will cover use of the Hadoop component family as well as a knowledge of software and design.
Different thinking for a Different world
Our client is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber, C4ISR, strike, and logistics and modernisation to customers worldwide. In Europe, it is among the leading defence and security suppliers with 2,500 employees and long-established businesses in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Netherlands.
Our client is involved in a range of future game-changing programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with its situational awareness and communications, as a specialist in cyber and intelligence datasets, as the pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft, or as the ‘go to’ provider for open system architectures for battle-space networks, communications, and command and control, this company's reputation as an innovator is unparalleled.
How you will make a difference
You will be a data scientist with experience developing and evolving a high profile, cyber security focused, big-data platform.
You will get to work with our customers to understand the nature and formats of data feeds, and fuse diverse data to support large-scale analysis for network defence. You also may be asked to support the team in requirements analysis, software and interface design, data modelling and supporting the pursuit of new business.
Key criteria required...
- Modelling structured and unstructured data experience.
- Designing and implementing interfaces, storage and processing of data from diverse sources
- Data cleansing and normalisation
- Developing for and integrating into the Hadoop family of open source components (UDFS, MapReduce, HIVE, Zookeeper, YARN, Pig)
- Designing and developing creative software solutions
- Experience in Java and the use of object-oriented design
Also, we’d love it if you have...
- Experience in designing / implementing network analysis / defence systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools such as Confluence, Jira and Wiki.
- Exposure to object oriented design.
- Working knowledge of Apache Spark, NiFi, Kafka.
- Experience with Hortonworks HDP / HDF
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Accumulo, MongoDB)
- Experience in graph database technologies; such as Neo4J and OrientDB
- Working experience in some of the following programming languages: Java, SQL, Python, Scala
- Knowledge of MoD working practices
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a growing career as we work hard to continuously innovate the world of cyber security.
Additional information for your consideration...
You will need to be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances
Being a part of my client's organisation gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. The company grows because of its employees' dedication and commitment to achieving its mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
More searches like this
- Aerospace DV Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Cyber Security DV Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Defence DV Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Engineering DV Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Portsmouth
- Information Technology DV Permanent £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Portsmouth