Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly)
My Aerospace client are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer (Assembly) to join their team on a permanent basis at their new site in Birmingham. Products include aircraft safety systems, fire protection and control systems.
The role includes:
- Promoting Design for Manufacture disciplines and agree manufacturing methods for hardware
- Create and maintain assembly procedures
- Support Manufacturing NPI Planner in supplying hardware
- Work with suppliers and sub - contractors to optimise manufacturing methods
Key skills required
- TEST RIG experience
- Tooling Management
- Risk Assessment
- Degree / HND in Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of all aspects of production engineering including product fixturing and tooling and process engineering
- IT literate with experience of manufacturing based business system (preferably SAP)
- Knowledge of business improvement techniques (such as six sigma, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, line balancing, creation of standard operations, takt time, flow manufacturing and Pokayoke)
If this sounds of interest and you would like more information, please apply below!