As the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio communications, Thales is a leading name in the global defence and security markets. In addition to equipping over 40 naval forces across the globe, we have a proud 125-year heritage here in the UK. Today that is represented in our key role delivering the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier and our provision of advanced radio equipment to all of the Royal Navy’s surface combatants.
Thales are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant(Business Controller) within our Cheadle office. Reporting to the Senior Business Controller the primary purpose of the Project Accountant(Business Controller) role is to work within the operational team in Cheadle to support the efficient delivery of key business information.
The Project Accountant(Business Controller) will also provide finance support to the overhead, bid, self-funded research & development and multi-year budget processes.
The role will provide great exposure to project and financial accounting as well commercial aspects of the business and would suit an individual working towards their professional accounting qualification. This opportunity will evolve into a key part of the function offering natural and progressive career development.
• Liaising with Project Managers analysing the incurred and forecast costs and identifying variance to budget.
• Completion of key financial information in to the Project Dashboard.
• Working closely with the Project team during Contract Status Reviews, ensuring integrity of cost incurred and forecast estimates at completion using Project Dashboards.
• Analyse variances associated with performance & scope changes and reporting areas of risk.
• Provide accurate and timely Sales, Margin, Order Intake and Cash forecasts.
• Providing finance support to the bid gate review process.
• Periodical Overhead reviews with local cost centre managers.
• Preparation of Multi-Year Budget information.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of monthly financial reporting against tight deadlines.
• Financial planning, forecasting and budgeting experience.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
• Experience of ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP).
• Experience of long-term contract accounting would be an advantage.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills used primarily internally and potentially externally – both verbal and written.
• Good organisational skills.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
• Part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA or relevant equivalent (Desirable.
• Experience with managing long term financial projects in a matrix style organisation (essential)