Currently entering a period of business change and modernisation, this leading employer is looking to add to its team with the appointment of a Database Analyst. This organisation has recently signed off on a number of projects to bring its IT systems in line with its exacting standards as well as drive forward to market leading standards. This role is critical in that success.
As a Database Analyst, you will contribute to a range of exciting new and existing projects. Experience in data warehousing and reporting or development languages would be highly advantageous. You are likely to work across sites and various customer engagements throughout the UK, so you must be flexible to travel.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in some of the following:
- In depth understanding of at least one SQL-Server/ORACLE/Postgres
- Knowledge of other database (e.g. those above + MySQL, MongoDB, Amazon RDS)
- Extensive experience of designing and implementing enterprise databases
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and T-SQL or PL/SQL
- Experience of database performance tuning and sizing
- Experience of cloud architectures (AWS & Azure)
- Experience in ETL (Extract, Transformation & Load), data warehousing & business intelligence or development languages (e.g. Java, C++, JS, Python, HTML)
- Ability to estimate costs and implementation timescales associated with potential solutions
- Knowledge of Data Reporting tools (Tableau, Penatho, SSRS, Power BI, Business Objects, etc)
- Microsoft and/or ORACLE certifications
- Must be SC cleared