Due to ongoing growth and demand, we are seeking to hire an experienced Senior Auditor to join our team based in Aldermaston to lead and conduct internal audits. This is an ideal opportunity to expand on your existing skills and experience while further enhancing your leadership skills.
The successful candidate must be able to build strong stakeholder relationships with people across all levels and will be capable of leading in challenging situations while influencing to achieve successful outcomes. Additionally, they will be expected to proactively share knowledge and experience from previous roles to educate and develop the audit team and business.
You will be responsible for leading, conducting and peer reviewing internal audits in order to provide independent assurance against risks to business goals on behalf of the Executive and key stakeholders. Utilising a risk based auditing approach, you will report risk and governance related findings, while working with the business to develop effective corrective improvement plans.
Key skills and responsibilities include:
- The ability to focus audit reviews and outcomes on key business issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of corporate governance approaches and ways of managing common risks to underpin prioritisation of audit activities.
- Possess the confidence and maturity required to lead negotiations to gain business leader and stakeholder commitment to implementing recommendations.
- Capable of leading and delivering through others, and working highly collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to maintain independence.
- Knowledge and application of modern audit and risk management techniques.
- Used appropriate audit techniques to address the specific focus of individual audit and consultancy assignments.
- Prior experience of working with other assurance providers to support delivery of corporate objectives.
- Track record of meeting delivery targets and sustained performance.
- Gaining commitment from senior management to implement findings.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification with Chartered/Certified membership of Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.