Mechanical Transport Trade Training and Licensing Instructor
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
General Description of Job
Responsible to the Mechanical Transport Trade Training and Licensing Manager for the instruction of specialist Mechanical Transport (MT) training within the HADES Region 1 (TSSP) Contract at RAF Cosford.
- Provide the delivery of specialist Mechanical Transport Trade Training and Licensing instruction, to meet the Authorities General Service Mod 1 basic and conversion training requirement.
- Convert, Familiarise, test and licence all service, MoD and contracted personnel required to drive/ operate MoD vehicles.
- Support investigations of accidents/ incidents involving MoD operated vehicles.
- Maintain driver personal documentation and training records.
- Provide support to Dangerous Goods Awareness and Driver Certificate of Professional Competency training.
- Provide driving support of the RAF Cosford MT section when not employed on instructional duties.
- Provide support to other HADES sections and sites in relation to experience and skillset.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Full UK driving license up to and including Cat C & Cat D
- Defence Train the Trainer (DTTT)
- Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) or Large Good Vehicle (LGV) Instructor
- DGSDCI (Defence General Service Driving Conversion Instructor
- Driver CPC
- Digital Tachograph
- Defence Training Supervisor (DTS)
- DRSA (Defence Road Safety Advisor)
- Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to mentor and promote the development of students under instruction
- Ability to communicate verbally with students to provide appropriate instructional delivery
- Excellent organisational presentation and administration skills
- Good knowledge of Military Transport practices and procedures
- Good knowledge of MS office products
- Flexibility to support the customers requirements
- Able to work on their own initiative
Being Babcock Principles
- Build great relationships based on trust: be easy to do business with; support each other - work towards a common goal and tell us as it is - give honest feedback and constructive criticism
- Never compromise on Health and Safety: ensure everyone goes home safe every day; challenge unsafe behaviour and update and improve our practices, constantly
- Respect people and value their diversity: treat everyone with courtesy and thoughtfulness, be fair with people at all times and listen to others' points of views
- Trust our people to deliver: Give people the authority to do the job; respect colleagues' expertise and create an environment where everyone can excel
- Thrive on complexity: be a problem solver; strive to make the complex simple and keep a cool head in a crisis
- Challenge ourselves and each other: inspires colleagues to do their best, always look for better ways of doing things and embrace opportunities to learn
- Safeguard customers' reputations: pull out all the stops, achieve positive outcomes for each other and take ownership and responsibility
- Always strive to deliver - be flexible when it counts; be agile and responsive to changing needs and deliver to the highest standards, whenever and wherever
Applicants must have, or be able to obtain, SC security clearance
Albrighton, Wolverhampton, WV7 3EX
24 June 2018
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.