Export Compliance Manager
Modis are currently recruiting on behalf of a growing Defence & Aerospace company based in Cheltenham for an Export Compliance Manager. Initially on a six month contract with a negotiable pay rate, this contract is likely to be extended time and time again due to the amount of new business for the organisation.
Role: Export Compliance Manager
Duration: Six month rolling contract
Start Date: ASAP
The purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with export controls and regulations. The organisation that you could be joining is a global supplier of controls products used within mission and safety critical environments.
- Ensure compliance with export control legislation, and the organisations policies, processes and procedures.
- Manage, develop and maintain export control policies and processes and ensure compliance.
- Proactively identify potential for non-compliance with export legislation in the business and recommend, and assist in, the implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure all due diligence is complete, up-to-date and maintained with respect to all PCS customers, suppliers, agents and any other institutions.
- Day-to-day management of orders for export-controlled product, to ensure the correct export authorisations are in place prior to shipment.
- Ensure sufficient guarantee within the company deferment account.
- Raise relevant customs documentation required for PCS personnel travelling with military technical information.
- Perform regulatory analysis to determine proper jurisdiction and appropriate classification of hardware, software and technology/technical data.
- Apply for export licences and authorisations, including UK SIELs, US Commerce licences and General Correspondences.
- Review and agree TAAs, MLAs and WDAs to ensure they accommodate PCS requirements, as required.
- Manage external and internal compliance audits.
- Assist in the provision of information, staff training and technical instruction as appropriate.
- Support all aspects of the PCS business regarding all matters related to and export compliance.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures to ensure accreditation requirements are consistently met.
- Undertake any other tasks as required to support the PCS business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of managing, controlling and delivery of export clearance
- Experience of managing small teams
- Experience in export procedures and documentation
- Ability to build productive relationships at all levels inside and outside the organisation.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain processes and procedures
- Ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team
- Highly organised
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage varying workload
- Experience of working directly with External/Internal auditors, Government bodies (eg HMRC)
Please Note: Due to the nature of the Candidates must be willing and able to undergo the Security Vetting process.
If this role is of interest, please contact Modis in Bristol to discuss in more detail or click the button below and we will be in contact.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement
Apply for Export Compliance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly