DevOps Engineer Java, Python, C++
Job Role: DevOps Engineer
Salary/Rate: £30,000 - £45,000 DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance or Willing to Undergo
DevOps Engineer - Permanent - Manchester - £30,000 - £45,000 DOE
Are you a DevOps Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation? Our client is seeking expert, creative and ambitious DevOps Engineers to implement and maintain a suite of applications to support Software Engineering functions. With a primary focus on Jenkins, Ansible & Docker, the successful candidates will be working with the full range of DevOps tools within an agile environment.
The successful candidate will be asked to support the team by implementing, configuring, changing and maintaining a full suite of DevOps tooling. Requirements may change over time so you should be flexible in tool choices and able to work across Open Source and COTS products. There may be occasional requirements to work outside of standard office hours, either actively or on call, however notice will be given when this is the case.
Key Criteria Required:
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of DevOps tools
- Specifically - Jira, Confluence, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Nexus and more
- Experience working with a Java Software Development Team
- Working within a Continuous Integration Environment
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile Ways of Working
- Experience of UK Government working practices
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server/CentOS)
- Experience across different programming languages, such as: Java EE, Python, C++
- Experience with open source products, e.g. Apache Foundation products
- Working within a Continuous Development Environment
- Experience developing Java and associated frameworks
- Experience of Scaled Agile Frameworks e.g. SAFe
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.