NOTAM Aviation Data Operator (ADO) Specialist
NATS is the UKs leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally.
We are passionate about being an equal opportunities employer, treating all colleagues in a fair and respectful manner. We appreciate and value the diversity of our employees and the inclusive environment we work in. having employees with a wide range of skills, knowledge, creativity, innovation and energy is important to us, and allows us to be the industry leaders we are
NATS has an opportunity for a NOTAM Aviation Data Operator (ADO) Specialist to be part of the NATS Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) function.
Contracted to deliver UK Aeronautical Information Service, your role will be to receive and issue aeronautical information and data in the form of a NOTAM under the state's obligation to deliver time critical data, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You will control information for the establishment, conditions or change in an aeronautical facility, service, procedure or hazard, the timely knowledge of which is essential to personnel and systems concerned with flight operations.
- Validate aeronautical information to ensure it is from a legitimate source and in accordance with aeronautical data quality requirements of international, regional and national standards
- Verify aeronautical information is correct and complete through analysis
- Analysis and correct NOTAM content to ensure the safety related hazard is emphasised for interpretation
- Clarify or reject NOTAM proposals that aren't a condition or change in any aeronautical facility, service, procedure or hazard
- Operate software to process and disseminate aeronautical information to meet Regulatory requirements of format and timeliness
- Identify and react to faults in software and apply fault reporting processes
- Transmit NOTAM in accordance with the telecommunications conventions (AFTN) Provide Pre-flight Information Briefs (PIBS) essential to the conduct of flights and assist stakeholders as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Hold a GCSE English Language Standard
- Experience in an Aviation environment (Min 3 years)
- Aeronautical data handling experience in a Safety related environment
- Semantic and syntactic analysis of aeronautical data
- Ability to analyse aeronautical information to understand importance and context
- Ability to prioritise all tasks and activities relating to Aeronautical data management
- Effective time management skills
- Knowledge of international aviation standards ICAO Standards and Recommended Practises Annex 15, Doc 8126, Doc 8400 and WGS84 Manual
- Knowledge of European Standard for Operating Procedures for AIS Dynamic Data and EC Regulation 73/2010.
- Excellent IT skills relevant to aeronautical information, data, receipt, management, production and distribution
- Ability to work and make decisions autonomously
- Ability to analyse data information received and make an assessment as to its importance
- Adherence to processes and procedures
- Good communication skills with an ability to influence highly technical Aeronautical information subjects
- Decision making skills, to assist sponsors with the methods for promulgation of aeronautical information and PIBs
Following a period of On the Job Training of approx. 12 months you will be required to operate as part of the H24 AIS Service provision; this position will attract full UHP (Unsociable Hours Pay)
NATS benefits include 26 days leave, increasing to 28 days after 1 years' service plus public holidays and a top class contributory DC pension scheme.
Closing Date: 17/05/2018
This application can be provided in paper form or large print