Software Engineer (R&D)
Purpose of the job:
A Software Engineer is required to join the Research and Development projects to deliver ground-breaking railway signalling system software-based products.
Key tasks / Responsibilities:
- Requirements analysis and specification of high level software design
- Development and implementation of software design
- Code and test of software systems
- Requirements Analysis and Design
- Coding, unit testing and integration testing.
- Development of test specifications
- Support of integration and system testing
- Report on progress as required
- Proficient in UML
- Software Development experience in C# within a .NET environment
- Experience of working with distributed software and on control systems
- V&V experience
- An engineer with research oriented mindset
Desirable skills required for this position:
- Knowledge, particularly experience of developing Safety Critical Software to SIL2 level in railway domain.
- Familiarity with Agile software development techniques (ideally Scrum).
- Proficient in using UML for software design
- Experience of TCP/UDP Communication protocols
- Experience with DOORS
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.