CAD Engineer - solidworks
Our client based in Bedfordshire is currently looking for a number of CAD Engineers with Solidworks experience for a 6 month rolling contract.
- Developing design schemes for special projects including all structural, mechanical systems and propulsion systems.
- Providing design schemes/operational concepts to support technical and business development presentations using PowerPoint®.
- Working to ensure that design work is completed in line with the requirements of the overall programme schedule.
- Interfacing with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure standardisation of parts wherever possible.
- Supporting the senior design engineers in delivering designs and drawings
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- An Aerospace, Aeronautical or general engineering degree (or equivalent) or equivalent industrial experience
- Recent experience of working within an aerospace design team environment
- Proven experience using SolidWorks 2015 or later versions to produce 3D CAD models and detail drawings (competent CATIA users will be considered).
- Exposure to the design processes across the product lifecycle from concept through to design, production and testing.
- Knowledge in the design of components and large assemblies utilising composite and metallic materials.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.