Senior Scientific Challenges Specialist/ Practitioner, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, up
Our client, the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, are seeking a Senior Scientific Challenges Specialist/ Practitioner, to join them at Porton Down, Idmiston, Salisbury SP4 0JG
Team: DSTL//Programme & Delivery//Operations//Physical Sciences
Initial contracts will run for 12 months and offer a rate up to £569/Day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 01/06/2018 at 10:13
This role requires Active SC clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
- Chair, lead and facilitate a Hazop study of a chemical destructor trial due to be undertaken at Dstl Porton Down.
- Provide recommendations to Division management and deliver a report to the project/trial management.
- Facilitate and chair the Hazop analysis for a chemical destruction trial
- Prepare for Hazop by reviewing backgroud information such as process description, P&ID diagrams plant photographs and safety & operating manuals for the process.
- Agree composition of Hazop team
- Define the nodes to be studied
- Agree guide words to be used
- Undertake Hazop analysis
- Draft Hazop report including all recommendations arising and present findings to stakeholders
- Provide clarification or guidance regarding to any questions arising from the Hazop report
- Substantial experience (min 10 years) as a HAZOP Chairman for high hazard facilities, for example,nuclear plant, bio-hazardous plant, toxic chemical plant or conventional industrial plant.
- Extensive experience of the production and management of safety cases for high hazard facilities would be an advantage e.g. toxic chemical plant, experimental facilities or explosives handling facilities
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.