Software Development Lead (Principal)
Job Role: Software Development Lead (Principal)
Salary/Rate: Competitive Salary
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV or willing to undergo
Software Development Lead (Principal) - Permanent - Manchester - DV or willing to undergo
A fantastic opportunity to join my client in Greater Manchester. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for my client you, will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. My client supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
- Leadership of an Agile Software Delivery Team from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
- Develop a high performing team with a focus on software excellence
- Effective Line Management of the Software Engineers in your team (typically 5-7) including facilitating their personal development.
- Mentoring of team members and colleagues beyond your line management remit.
- Hold accountability for the software produced by your team.
- Own the standards of software engineering practice applied in your team.
- Drive the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
- Design and develop new product functionality within the context of an Agile software delivery team.
- Collaborate with your peers on Technical strategy within your teams.
Skills / Experience:
- Extensive experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems.
- Experience in one or more software languages such as Java, C++, C#, Python, Javascriprt, J2E
- Extensive experience working in an Agile delivery team.
- Considerable experience using Continuous Integration.
- Significant experience using TDD.
- Significant experience using BDD.
- Comprehensive understanding of SOLID.
- Experience of applying Software Architecture Patterns.
- Experience designing and building enterprise level web applications, services or embedded software.
- Good working knowledge of at least 2 compiled languages.
- Good working knowledge of at least 2 scripting or interpreted languages.
- Familiarity with Data gathering, visualisation techniques and tools.
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of Data.
- Understanding of virtualisation.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies.
- Experience working with Big Data technologies.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Experience working with containerisation.
- Experience working on military or government projects.
- Experience working with secure development techniques.
- Knowledge of information security best practice.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.