Software Developer (Java) - DV Cleared
Job Role: Software Developer (Enterprise Java) - DV
Location: West London
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance or willing to undergo
Software Developer (Enterprise Java) - DV - West London - Excellent Salary!
Our client is seeking a Software Developer to be a part of their programme engineering team to deliver mission critical applications within the COTS and bespoke software baseline. Dedicated development, test and integration environments are available to support problem investigation and resolution as well as distribution of new software releases.
This role offers a skilled and motivated Software Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the Defence Intelligence Engineering team. The successful candidate will find themselves working on programmes at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, lifecycle from requirements analysis through to design, build, test and acceptance into live service, gaining experience and an understanding of how Engineering and our client operate.
- Software Developpment using Enterprise Java
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at gate & design reviews.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert as part of a 4th tier resolver group to analyse and resolve system defects in response to service requests, incidents, problems and events.
- Liaise with 1st to 3rd line, transition and design as required.
- Validating and verifying the design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors.
- Provide input to configuration, safety and quality management as appropriate.
- Document design and advise on product support material.
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer problems.
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure product meet quality standards.
- Lead continuous technical improvement and re-architecting activities provide support to remote sites and REGO as required.
- Good experience and understanding of software and systems engineering principles and lifecycle.
- Expertise in Java and J2EE development - specifically with web application development.
- Demonstrate high competency in use of software patterns.
- Demonstrable experience in software architecture and design.
- Experience working with XML through Java.
- Oracle 10g/11g: experience of programming in PL/SQL and Java.
- Able to carry out duties with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
- Experience of large complex secure systems.
- Experience of designing, implementing and using secure Web services.
- Windows system administration experience.
- Programming for GIS applications.
- Experience developing with JavaServer Faces.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.