Linux Architect - SC cleared *
Great opportunity available for a Linux Architect with high and low level design background to come on-board and work for a global IT company based in Basingstoke - Hampshire. This will be a 4 month initial contract position with competitive rates on offer.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- In-depth knowledge on RHEL/Centos, Debien/Ubuntu, Suse
- In-depth knowledge of Linux shell and scripting
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure automation with any of the following: Puppet, Chef, Ansible or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Docker container technology
- In-depth knowledge of virtualisation and "baremetal" provisioning
- Experience of Linux OS Hardening using: SELinux, iptables/firewallD, PKI
- Good understanding of Networking/LDAP/DNS/DHCP services/Monitoring solutions
Role is to perform High and low level design and implementation.
Creation of a hardened Linux (specific OS not known) build VM template, using public domain Ansible OS hardening scripts.
Installation of a YUM Repository on an internet connected VM, and a process for transferring packages from an internet connected repository into a repository in an air gapped environment.
Creation of a PXE Server, with YUM package repository and DHCP which will operate in an air gapped environment.
Creation of a Linux Build Image to be served from the PXE Server, with kickstart scripting to achieve an unattended install of a base OS, configuring install language, disk, etc.
Due to the secure nature of this role the successful candidate will require SC clearance prior to starting
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.