We are looking for an Imaging Specialist to provide technical and creative stills and video for the core business programme and wider business needs.
As an imaging specialist you would plan, produce and deliver stills imagery in line with customer requirements, take technical and creative photography and provide customer advice on aspects of media usage whilst maintaining awareness of new technology.
- Efficient and effective delivery of stills ensuring core programme deadlines are met in
- Ensuring appropriate, cost effective approach is taken to capturing stills across a wide range of subjects ( technical, industrial, public relations, people)
- Efficient capture, manipulation, output, supply and archiving of above
- Fully understands and actively demonstrates the required core behaviours essential in delivering our ESH culture - following rules, speaking up, being mindful and getting involved
- Robust project management advising on potential conflicts in planned and proposed activities
- Build constructive and collaborative relationships with customers
We are looking for our Imaging Specialist to have:
- Good standard of general education
- BTEC NC/HND/Degree level in video, photography or media production
- Ability to problem solve to produce concepts
- Ability to affect the aims, objectives, strategy, procedures of the department
- Good interpersonal skills, able to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Self motivation and able to use initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work proactively with customers to ensure they receive the highest quality imaging for their needs
- Ability to work under pressure and meets challenging deadlines; unfazed by multiple, concurrent, projects and activities
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.