Network Test Lead - DV Clearance
Job Role: Network Test Lead - DV Clearance
Salary/Rate: Up to £74,000 per annum DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Network Test Lead- Permanent - London - Up to £74,000 DOE
- Multiple years' experience as a senior test analyst / test lead.
- Regular Exposure to External Customers on a Face to Face Basis.
- Comprehensive Acceptance testing experience (SAT / UAT).
- Effective communication skills including negotiation skills and diplomacy.
- Effective Test Planning Capabilities.
- Comprehensive planning, monitoring and reporting skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills and knowledge of test environment and system integration.
- Comprehensive appreciation of the software development lifecycle and the need for testing.
- A pragmatic and practical approach.
- Capable of working under pressure.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Build and configuration of complex IP network models.
- Working with designer and test manager in developing test specifications and schedules on the basis of requirements and design.
- Execution of complex IP network tests covering resilience, performance, security.
- Network security: firewalls, IDS/IPS, AAA, IPsec, PKI.
- VPNs (including IPsec).
- Ethernet switching, Quality-of-Service.
- Hands-on VoIP and SIP experience.
- System management integration, including alarms, performance, AAA, security alerting.
- Testing of networks in a virtualised application environment (e.g. data center switching/VMware).
- Cisco configuration skills for all above.
- Use of network management tools (e.g. alarms, performance, security tools).
- Support of operations teams during hand-over from test, including training and the preparation of operational procedures.
- Ixia perfect storm one, bespoke configurations and maintenance.
- VMWARE (vsphere), AD, DHCP, DNS, NIS.
- Good understanding of networking Storage Technologies.
- Self-starter with the ability to take ownership of work, whilst demonstrating a tenacity to pursue problems to resolution and the confidence to challenge thinking and suggest novel approaches to problems.
- Solid technical background to draw upon, from an enterprise level.
- Strong problem investigation and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyse and resolve technical issues around Software installation.
- Capability to work in partnership with Architect's to scope and understand the client's requirements.
- Ability to critique architectural designs within your technical competencies.
- Competence to confidently work in partnership with the client to deliver working solutions to deadlines.
- Proficiency to be able to communicate progress and issues to agreed Stakeholders in a timely understandable manner.
- Quality of mind that is strongly motivated and shows initiative to 'get the job done'.
- Diligence that delivers documentation to support the technical solution, and also work in partnership with Architect's to evolve the original design documentation to be reflective of the actual build.
- A team player that is able to work with minimal supervision.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV Clearance. If you do not hold an active DV Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.