We are currently looking to recruit a Data Analyst to provide support across the Financial Performance and Analysis (FP&A) team. The main purpose of the role will be to improve efficiencies in data reporting generation and accuracy to enable FP&A support across the business, help use data to drive high performance and quality.
You will deliver improvements in processes and decision making through efficient data analysis and act as a subject matter expert within FP&A and beyond on data analysis and related systems.
The key accountabilities will be to maintain and issue standard reports required by FP&A and other business areas and develop reports that transform raw data into actionable business insights as well as providing custom analysis within FP&A and to external customers where required.
You will also develop and provide analysis tools that enable improved understanding of business performance for Finance and non-Finance stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders to gain an understanding of business needs and objectives
- Support training and education throughout the organisation on relevant subjects such as company cost models, data sets, tools and systems, (e.g. Essbase/Oracle Business System) to promote improved quality of analysis
- Assist in identifying and correcting, through appropriate channels, errors and issues with data
- Assist in interpreting data, analyse results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Provide support to the Analytics Manager as required
- Good standard of education at minimum A-Level or equivalent
- Studying or prepared to study towards a recognised professional qualification(e.g. CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- ERP systems and data analysis tools
- Good level of financial understanding
- Application of data analysis methods
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.