Closing Date - 31/05/18
We are currently looking to recruit an Senior Commissioning Engineer to provide due governance and management to meet specifications and acceptance criteria within the Project Delivery processes and procedures whilst organising and managing commissioning activities, acting as a Commissioning Manager on projects or task based activities when required in support of the continuous at sea deterrent (CASD) Programme and the company's strategic goals.
You will be part of a multi discipline service delivery function, providing appropriate commissioning and compliance guidance to AWE's Engineering, Asset and Project communities.
The Senior Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for
- The delivery of the commissioning requirements of the project from design to end of inactive commissioning within defined budgetary constraints safely, within quality, time and performance
- Ensuring the standards, procedures and work instructions underpinning commissioning are followed
- Ensuring commissioning teams are appropriately organised and that key personnel are demonstrably competent to undertake their roles
- Maintaining & promoting high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
- Preparing the Commissioning Strategy and Commissioning Assessment documents
- Preparing a Commissioning Strategy, Program and Plan.
- Writing commissioning procedures or manage their content, production and approval commensurate with the appropriate Quality Control Grading.
- Managing the commissioning through organisation of meetings, tests, demonstrations, training events, and performance verifications.
- Ensuring commissioning procedures are followed and signed off with full and accurate records of the test results.
To be considered for this role you will need to have -
- Good organisation skills and ability to execute complex commissioning tests and analyse results
- Good understanding of Health and Safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to Chair a Test and Commissioning Panel.
- People and process management skills.
- Good understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments, safety systems, safety case and SSoW.
- Practical commissioning experience is essential.
- Experience of commissioning electrical or mechanical or EC&I systems.
Hold an appropriate qualification in a relevant engineering discipline; ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent or have relevant work experience
Individuals interested in this permanent opportunity will be required to be eligible for UK Security Clearance
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.