DevOps Engineer, Bracknell, Initial 6 Month Contract
My client is one of the largest private (Employee Owned) companies in the UK and has been in business for around 150 years. They work across multiple sectors and are currently looking to take on a Product Engineer to join their well-established company. The ideal candidate will help develop and integrate a variety of technologies that form the foundation for our Cloud and DevOps capability and help their website deliver its ground-breaking eCommerce Platform.
They use a number of Cloud Services like AWS Cloudformation, Lambda, DynamoDB, APIGateway and are also looking at new ways of working with Docker, Google Cloud Platform, and Kubernetes. Their DevOps stack consists of Cloudbees Jenkins & Jenkins Pipeline.
They leverage automation to create scalable solutions that work with 1, 10 or 100 services.
Day-to-day, you might be automating infrastructure deployments, improving our application release process and pipelines, designing processes and tools that help our developers take more control of their products and the infrastructure they need.
Skills & requirements:
- Deep knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD concepts, the ideal candidate for this role will have relevant product knowledge including knowledge of deployment, automation, orchestration, and monitoring tools (e.g. Cloudbees Jenkins, Kibana).
- Broad knowledge of Cloud Services like AWS and GCP, with the ability to deep dive into specific technologies
- Working experience of Lambda and Kubernetes
- Insight into database architecture in NoSQL and RDBMS
- Good experience with Cloudformation and Terraform
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change.
- Proven experience of motivating others to deliver exceptional performance and long terms results.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations.
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals.
- A good knowledge of at least one programming language and the willingness to learn others (eg Groovy, Go, python, NodeJS)
- Linux administration (Amazon Linux, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Packer, Puppet, Chef Etc.)
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure management
- Shell scripting
- Ability to troubleshoot and tune performance
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age