Lead RM&T Engineer
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- GE Aviation
- This role is for a Senior Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineer, reporting into the Avionics Hardware Design Engineering Team.The successful candidate will support multiple programs ensuring all aspects of RM&T are adequately addressed as well as helping to disseminate appreciation for RM&T considerations among the wider Hardware Engineering teams.
- Complete Hardware Failure modes and effects analysis for Aviation Electronics Systems.
- Complete Testability analysis results and make recommendations regarding how built in test coverage can be improved.
- Interface with the customer to develop the Reliability, Maintainability and Testability (RM&T) analysis to support incorporation into aircraft level fault tree analysis.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant experience in RM&T Engineering including experience in an RM&T position.
- Previously conducted FMEA analyses
- Background in aerospace, preferably within hardware electronics
- Ability to read electrical schematics
- Able to identify own priorities and self-motivate to drive tasks to completion.
- Able to work effectively within diverse teams and across multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf
- Experienced in Mentoring and Coaching more junior employees.
- Experience in Avionics Systems.