Systems Engineer - Requirements | Networks | Test
Systems Engineer - Requirements - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Excellent Salary!
As a Consultant Engineer our client is expecting you to play a key role in their team and be able to demonstrate:
- Coaching skills that support the development and mentoring of our expanding team
- Ability to technically lead projects and tasks that are ultimately game-changing for our customers
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external customer/suppliers/partners
- Ability to leverage hands-on technical experience and academic studies to meet our rigorous and challenging delivery objectives and standards in a complex environment.
- Practical knowledge and ability to apply industry best practice in all aspects of software engineering and systems engineering with detailed working knowledge of development methodologies (including AGILE and Lean) and associated toolsets
- System Design - high & low level design
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects/operational support tasks as well as support negotiations.
- Assists transformation strategy for a network or technology discipline in own area of expertise.
- Could be responsible for direct line managing and developing of Analysts, but more likely to indirectly manage people to deliver specific tasks or projects.
- May involve liaising with internal, external and third party suppliers.
Our client also expects you to be an up-to-date hands-on practitioner in several of the following areas:
- Full engineering life-cycle and Systems Engineering (IVV&T) practices from requirements/user story capture and decomposition through to integration, acceptance and customer sign off and associated toolsets
- At least 5 years' experience of working in a Systems Engineering role
- Experience of V&V activities, including the creation of Test Strategies, Plans and Procedures
- Familiarity with Atlassian
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: SysML, UML, MoDAF, TOGAF
- Setup and Configuration of Cisco, or similar, network devices, SQL and database design and implementation, Encryption and Cyber security, Big Data Storage, analysis and visualisation
- Experience in Continuous Integration, automated testing, and agile development environments
- Reverse engineering within a security context,
- SQL and database design and implementation,
- Web development, and related technologies such as XML and HTML
- Experience of J2EE development including experience of Weblogic, Spring, Hibernate and EJB technologies,
- iPhone, Android, Windows Phone mobile development platforms,
- IP based network protocols , such as HTTP, HTTPS/SSL, etc,
- Virtualisation technologies
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you! (c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2016.
Apply for Systems Engineer - Requirements | Networks | Test
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly