The successful candidate will be running projects delivering to a range of customers. The projects shall be complex and are usually highly technical. Activities will normally be done in partnership with both a Prime and a number of subcontractors. The successful candidate will own project performance into the customer and will be the key liaison between the Programme, Engineering, Planning and Financial teams. They will be expected to be able to manage programme activities in line with HMG best practices and possess PRINCE2/APMP/ITIL or equivalent qualifications with periods of related practitioner experience.
Project Manager - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Project leadership.
- Day to day project delivery against requirements and meeting the high standards set by our client's customers.
- Managing delivery activities across the engineering lifecycle (cradle to grave) spanning concept definition and requirements engineering through development and ultimately test, trials and release, and subsequent support activity.
- Developing and negotiating solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation, ensuring solutions are consistent with both customer and our client's objectives and conform to regulated design and management criteria.
- The provision of agreed metrics and objective performance criteria in monitoring project performance.
- Customer and stakeholder management.
- Contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, business and standards to enhance the business.
- Working without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to resolving challenges.
- Providing advice to senior management on major matters pertaining to delivery, risks, issues, opportunities, and aspects of policies, plans, and business objectives.
- Proven Track Record in Programme Delivery in a matrix environment.
- Prince 2 qualified (or equivalent) with experience of operating in Prince 2 Management environments, with APMP considered a bonus.
- Strong track record in the planning and delivery of challenging projects against tight timelines.
- Extensive experience working in a collaborative environments and a track record in strong internal relationships.
- Ability to develop customer intimacy quickly at all levels.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Solid understanding of engineering and financial processes.
- Subcontract Management experience.
- The ability to adapt behaviours and communication style which is reflective of different stakeholders and audiences.
- Pro-active with strong self-motivation.
- Previous experience in security domains.
- ITIL qualified and experienced.
- Agile / Scrum
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own.
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Job Role: Project Manager
Salary/Rate: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly