This global organisation in the engineering services sector are looking to hire an Assistant Accountant to work within their finance team based near Andover.
In this role you will provide support to senior members of the finance team, providing timely and accurate financial data to senior management of their Defence sector business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a part-qualified accountant looking to join a leading organisation in an exciting industry, where you can continue to develop your commercial accounting skills.
What's on offer?
- Competitive annual salary up to £32,000 per annum
- Flexible benefits including pension scheme, cycle to work and 25 days holiday
- Permanent position with a true industry leader
- Genuine career progression opportunities available
About your new role
Key duties will include:
- Preparation of standard journal inputs i.e. payroll, BUPA, insurance, FCM etc
- Prepares non contract specific balance sheet reconciliations for review
- Preparation of the weekly short term cash forecast (STC) for DSG and consolidation of the Land STC
- Provision of transactional analysis for payroll, overtime, T&S, IT recharges, headcount including variances against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations
- Updates the BU Finance manual
- Assists with Internal and External audit requests
- Assists with the preparation of annual corporation tax returns and query co-ordination
- Assists with preparation of VAT, CIS, PSA and Intrastat returns and query resolution
- Ad hoc financial accounts related duties
- Part qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or AAT
- Experience of Accounting systems and financial reporting tools
- Experienced with Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you believe this is the next career move for you, please do not hesitate to apply now or contact Alex Benton on 0117 9309 748 for further information.